Local link building is something that a lot of people think about, but not many people actually do. If you want to rank locally, then local link building is important—and not just for the obvious reasons.
Local link building can help you build authority in the area, support relevant businesses and improve your chance of ranking for geo-specific terms. Let’s dive into each one:
Local Link Building Helps You Build Authority in the Area
Local link building is a great way to build authority in the area. By building links from local businesses, local publications and local directories you can help your website rank for local terms.
Your local link building strategy should include:
- Local directories. These are websites that list information about the area in general. They’re a great way to get inbound links from high-authority pages on sites that matter most in the area.
- Local business directories. These are websites that list businesses in an area. They’re more relevant than general directories because they focus on specific locations and industries.
- Local publications. Getting links from these kinds of sites will help boost visibility among local readers specifically. This can mean big benefits for SEO success down the line!
Local Link Building Allows You to Support Relevant Businesses
You can also gain a competitive advantage in your local area. If you’re offering an online service or product that’s not available locally, then it’s good to be able to support local businesses and build relationships with them. After all, they know their customers better than anyone else and are more likely to refer business from their network of contacts.
Some people might argue that this approach isn’t for them because they don’t want to get involved with any kind of networking. But, I urge you to reconsider as it’s definitely worth exploring!
Local Link Building Improves Your Chance of Ranking for Geo-Specific Terms
Local link building can help you rank for geo-specific terms, local terms and even local keywords. These are terms that contain the city, or other local identifiers. If you’re a local business who wants to improve their chances of ranking for geo-specific terms, then local link building is a must.
Local link building can help drive local traffic, increase your authority and help you rank for local terms.
- Local link building can help drive local traffic. It’s no secret that Google uses location signals to determine the relevancy of a business and whether or not it is geographically relevant.
- Local link building can improve your chances of ranking for geo-specific terms.
- Building a local link strategy allows you to support businesses in your area and build authority organically. This improves your SEO efforts by improving relevancy and trust signals.
Local Backlink Might Be What Your SEO is Missing
Local link building is a great strategy for any business. You can use it to build authority in your area, support local businesses and help rank for geo-specific terms. Local link building is also an easy way to get more traffic from Google Maps, which is becoming more popular among mobile users every day!